03 Sep Tips For Maintaining A Healthy Weight
Tips For Maintaining A Healthy Weight
Whether you are already at your target weight or making efforts to be at your target weight, maintaining that weight will at some point be a factor. Let’s talk about some ways to maintain that current or future success!
The following tips are some of the common characteristics among people who have successfully lost weight and maintained that loss over time.
Watching What You Eat
- Keep a healthy and realistic eating plan.
- Be consistent.
- Plan ahead for special occasions, holidays and vacations. Vacations, holidays, and stressful life situations happen, and no one eats according to plan all the time. That’s OK. The trick is to get back on course as soon as possible. Make it a learning experience, not a failure.
- Stay hydrated! Drinking water regularly may promote fullness and increase your metabolism, both important factors in weight maintenance.
- Exercise is highly beneficial for keeping the pounds off once they’re gone! Exercise works great in coordination with continuing diet plans.
- At the minimum, general recommendations include performing aerobic exercise at least three times a week for at least 20 minutes per session.
- The available evidence indicates that exercise is an important component of weight loss and perhaps the best predictor of weight maintenance.
- Monitor your diet and activity. Keeping a food and physical activity journal can help you track your progress and spot trends. Self-monitoring involves tracking where you are now and charting your short- and long-term progress. In addition to writing down specific behaviors, who was with you, where you were, and what kind of mood you were in when you ate off plan or skipped a workout can help you identify the triggers that send you off plan.
- Be Aware Of Your Tendencies. For example, you might notice that your weight creeps up during periods when you have to travel, work overtime, or when stressed or emotional. Recognizing this tendency can be a signal to try something different. Pack your own healthy food for the plane and making time to use your hotel’s exercise facility when you are traveling. Avoid emotional triggers and be prepared with healthy flavorful options when the cravings arrive.
- Monitor your weight. Check your weight regularly. When managing your weight loss, it’s a good idea to keep track of your weight so you can plan accordingly and adjust your diet and exercise plan as necessary. If you have gained a few pounds, get back on track quickly. In other words, you need to know how to take action promptly if you see those numbers starting to climb, that can means trimming back on portion sizes or skipping dessert more often.
- Get support from family, friends, and others. People who have successfully lost weight and kept it off often rely on support from others to help them stay on course and get through any difficult times. Sometimes having a friend or partner who is also losing weight or maintaining a weight loss can help you stay motivated.
Maintaining Healthy Weight Management Takeaway
It is likely that you will encounter a setback or two after losing weight. You can overcome setbacks by planning ahead and getting back on track right away. Maintaining weight loss can be easier when you are consistent with your new healthy habits, rather than going back to your old lifestyle. Through your journey, you will realize that controlling your weight involves much more than what you eat. Exercise, mental health, monitoring, and support also play a role.
For more support, our trainers and support staff is here to help! Please claim your free 7-day pass at https://uniquehealthandfitness.com/