27 Aug Fitness Tips For Frequent Travelers
If you are a frequent traveler, whether it’s work related or simply for fun, it can be pretty hard to maintain your fitness routine. After all, your typical diet or workout routine might not always be available. And while this may sound like a legitimate reason to give up on fitness, that’s actually not the case.
So what’s the fitness solution for people who travel a lot? Well honestly, it takes a lot of dedication and discipline. But it’s definitely not impossible! So let’s talk about some of the top fitness tips for frequent travelers.
1. Pack For Fitness
It’s all too easy to forget important things when you’re packing for a trip, but one thing you shouldn’t forget is your fitness gear. You can also research what resources your hotel has or any fitness facilities are nearby if you want to be extra prepared.
Some fitness essentials you might want to pack include:
- Athletic shoes
- Exercise clothing
- Resistance tubing
- Hand grips
- Yoga Mat
Obviously, your fitness travel pack may look different depending on your needs, but these are some general things that could be pretty useful.
2. Stay Active On The Go
Making healthy choices throughout your day is one of the best ways to stay fit while you travel. This could mean taking the stairs instead of the elevator or walking the five blocks to that restaurant instead of driving.
Taking the stairs is a great mini workout on the go, but most of us would rather take the elevator. If you have a choice, always take the way that provides more physical activity. The same thing goes for walking instead of driving.
Unless you’re on a time crunch, it’s late at night, you have an impending physical condition, or you’re in an unsafe neighborhood, there’s no reason why you can’t walk instead of drive! Making these little choices throughout your day will make it a lot easier to stay fit.
3. Buy Groceries and Stay Hydrated
It’s all too easy to fall victim to laziness and eat out every night instead of buying groceries while you’re traveling. I’m sure most of us have done this because it’s easier and more convenient to go out instead of taking the time to cook.
But cooking is one of the best ways to stay fit while traveling. Not only will it save you money, but it will save you from over-eating, and help keep your healthy diet on schedule. Additionally, you should make sure to stay hydrated when traveling.
It’ll keep you full, hydrated, and away from drinking things like soda.
4. Travel Workout
If you can, try and set aside time to workout whenever possible. Treat your workout like an important appointment, even when you’re traveling.
Here are a few workouts for when you’re on the go:
- Use the halls: Walk the hotel halls — or, if possible, to one of your meetings. Take the stairs or get off the elevator a few floors early and take the stairs the rest of the way.
- Skip rope: Use a jump-rope in your room or the hotel gym.
- Simple Exercises: This includes things like jumping jacks, push ups, squats, planks etc. Create a mini workout routine before your travel to help you stay consistent.
- Try aerobics or yoga: If you’ve got space in your hotel room, use your tablet or smartphone to find a workout and follow along.
- Use resistance tubing: These stretchy tubes, which can be used virtually anywhere, offer weight-like resistance when you pull on them. Use them to strengthen nearly any muscle group.
- Swim:. Swim laps in the hotel pool.
- Check out local parks and trails: Ask the hotel staff about safe nearby routes for walking or running.
The Fitness Tips For Frequent Travelers Takeaway
All in all, it’s not always easy to stay fit while traveling. However, it’s definitely not impossible. All it takes is a little dedication and planning and you can continue your fitness journey, even when you’re on the go.
Interested in experiencing the benefits of joining a local gym yourself? Get in contact with us! Unique Fitness offers just about everything you need to look and feel your best. Including Free Weights, Zumba, Yoga, Spinning, Strength Machines, Treadmills, Ellipticals, Bikes Step-mills, Child Care, and so much more!
But don’t just take our word for it, come try us out for FREE for 7 Full Days. We believe that once you experience the Unique Fitness difference for yourself, you’ll be ready to be part of our fitness family. So come stop by and enjoy all the benefits of joining a local gym.